MINI goes virtual reality - 360 degree short films

Interessant artikel of weetje gevonden?
Morty
Founder

MINI goes virtual reality - 360 degree short films

Berichtdoor Morty » Zo Sep 20, 2015 12:30

MINI is planning a global marketing campaign using individual virtual-reality technology. The automotive brand will show two 360-degree short films, which allow viewers to roam freely in virtual space. MINI will therefore become the first brand ever to harness the huge potential of virtual-reality (VR) technology for top-quality storytelling. This move also underscores the brand’s positioning as an innovative company that explores new directions in communications.

The two six-minute shorts “Real Memories” and “Backwater” have been available on YouTube and the campaign website http://www.mini.com/360 in more than 20 countries worldwide since 8 September 2015. The films are being promoted through YouTube pre-rolls and on various social-media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

The films were shot in Barcelona using a custom stereo rig with nine RED Dragon cameras offering a combined resolution of 14k. A custom 7 GoPro camera rig was developed specially for scenes inside the car. The films can be viewed directly online in a browser or on any smartphone with an installed YouTube app. They will also be available shortly for Samsung Gear VR and Oculus Rift virtual-reality viewers.

For its global marketing campaign, MINI plans to distribute a total of free 140,000 MINI Virtual Reality Cardboard Viewers worldwide (the viewer is based on the new version of Google Cardboard presented this summer). mini.com/360 provides a list of where these virtual-reality viewers are available.

In addition to the two VR films, the campaign website also features other exciting video content: two trailers, a making-of video and brief clips of the actors discovering the features of the MINI Connected system during breaks in shooting.

Bron : Motoringfile

My camera is my save button
Photographer | Traveller | MINI ADDICT

Morty
Founder

Re: MINI goes virtual reality - 360 degree short films

Berichtdoor Morty » Zo Sep 20, 2015 12:31

Om de virtual reality goed te beleven kan je best de videos rechtstreeks op youtube via je smartphone bekijken.
Je kan dan je smartphone ronddraaien om het 360° gevoel te krijgen.

Morty
Founder

Re: MINI goes virtual reality - 360 degree short films

Berichtdoor Morty » Zo Sep 20, 2015 12:32

Terug naar “MINI In De Media”